Serves: makes about 12 portions, 1/4 cup each
A good relish takes a meal and can make it memorable. This is the perfect combination of heat, sweet and sour. Perfect on burgers, hot dog/brats, tacos or as a side dish to pork, or chicken.
2 tablespoon olive oil
15 red jalapeno peppers, partially seeded and sliced (Green will also work.)
1 large Vidalia onion, sliced thinly and then quartered
2 cups diced fresh pineapple or a 15 ounce can of diced pineapple
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
1 cup Splenda (or table sugar)
- Preheat large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add onions and peppers, sautee, tossing occasionally, until the onions start to turn brown (10-15 minutes.)
- Stir in pineapple, vinegar and sugar.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Salt and pepper as needed (optional)
- Cool to room temp, cover and refrigerate.
My podcast, Make Your Someday Today is a twice-weekly show, where we talk to successful people in all walks of life and around the world on Monday, and then on Thursday, I take a specific message from the previous guest and give my “Trevitorial”, where I help you apply that message to your life. The entire purpose of the show is to help all of us overcome our challenges and fears and become the person we want to be, the person we deserve to be. I hope you give it a listen!