This is not exactly the recipe that you will find in Spain, but is it darn good and will be made again!
3 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
1 1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked
1 bell peppers, fire roasted, chopped (if you use store bought peppers, you will need about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped shallot (or onion)
15 green olives, halved
1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 boneless/skinless chicken thighs, halved
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp saffron
1. In an aluminum 9×13 pan, combine all ingredients.
2. Preheat your grill, place pan on grate. (Or preheat your oven to 350F, and place pan in oven.)
3. When it begins to boil, cover with aluminum foil and seal tightly.
4. Let it bake for 45 minutes.
5. Remove cover and let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. Stir together and serve.
Nutritional data, per 8 ounce serving:
Sat fat: 2.1g
This is what it looks like to fire-roast a bell pepper over the stove in your kitchen.
Turn the burner on high, and place the pepper on the grate. Turn occasionally. When charred on all side, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let it steam itself for 5 minutes. Remove from the bowl and with a butter knife scrape most of the charred skin off. Use immediately or save in refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
The next time I make this recipe, I will reduce the amount of shrimp and increase the amount of chicken. I might also stir in some smoked oysters right before serving (just an idea.)