Chicken Lo Mein
Serve 6 (or fewer if there are hungry teenagers involved.)
6 ounces angel hair pasta (dry)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 medium onion, sliced and quartered
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
1 large green bell pepper, sliced
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced (8 ounces by weight)
2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
1/4 cup Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 pound precooked chicken, shredded and heated.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large (10-11″ non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions. Saute for 3-5 minutes, or until they are beginning to become soft.
- Add carrots, green peppers, red peppers and mushrooms.
- Turn heat to high and add wine.
- In a small dish, combine salad dressing and peanut butter. Warm in microwave to melt the peanut butter. Stir together.
- Add salad dressing/peanut butter mixture to the vegetables. Stir to coat.
- Add chicken. Stir to combine.
- Either mix the angel hair into the chicken-vegetable mixture, or portion out the pasta per plate and top with 1/6 of the chicken-vegetable mixture.
Sat fat: 4.2g