Summer Quinoa Salad
Serves 8 (1/2 cup portions)
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced
1 large bell pepper (any color) minced
1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, then diced
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Prepare the quinoa according to directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare all vegetables. Ideally, all veggies should be cut to the same size, about 1/4 inch square bits.
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar and basil.
- When the quinoa is cooked, mix it with all other ingredients.
- Can be served warm or chilled.
Sat fat: 0.5g
You can use almost any vegetable in this (spring peas, tomatoes, green beans, etc).
Also, there are three types of quinoa, white, red and black. I don’t think there is any nutritional difference. I buy the red because it tends to look better when in a dish.