Grown Up Grilled Cheese
This is the sort of “Comfort Food” that my guests on my Make Your Someday Today podcast will talk about in our interviews. Comfort foods do just that. They make us feel safe, secure and warm. They tell us that everything will be all right, that success will arrive, but only if we get moving toward.
2 slices of your preferred bread
2 slices of your preferred cheese
2-3 slices of tomato
1 jalapeno cut into strips
1/4 avocado, sliced
1 teaspoon Vegemite (optional)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Prepare your ingredients. Preheat non-stick griddle or skillet.
- Spread the Vegemite on one slice of cheese (optional).
- Spread the mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread.
- Lay the bread mayo-side DOWN on griddle.
- Lay the Vegemite spread cheese on the bread, Vegemite down.
- Arrange the remaining ingredients on the cheese.
- Top with second piece of cheese and bread, mayo-side UP.
- Grilled until the edge gets brown (2-4 minutes, depending on the heat.)
- With a spatula, carefully flip and grill the second side.
Sat fat: 5.7g
Please be aware that those nutritional numbers are specific to my sandwich. Adding to deleting ingredients, using different cheese, or not using Vegemite will change all the numbers.
Make Your Someday Today is a twice-weekly podcast, where we talk to successful people in all walks of life and around the world on Monday, and then on Thursday, I take a specific message from the previous guest and give my “Trevitorial”, where I help you apply that message to your life. The entire purpose of the show is to help all of us overcome our challenges and fears and become the person we want to be, the person we deserve to be.