Angel Hair Pasta and Fried Eggs
Basic Instructions, you can vary as you wish:
- Boil pasta.
- While pasta boils, saute mashed garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Toss in panko, let the crumbs toast a bit.
- emove to a bowl, grate parmesan on top, mix in.
- Return the pan to stove, add more olive oil and mashed garlic.
- Drain pasta, add to pan with olive oil and garlic. Toss to coat.
- While that continues to cook, place second skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Carefully crack 1-2 eggs into it. Cover. Let cook over medium until the whites get firm. (You can add 1 tablepoon water to help steam.)
- Place pasta on dish, toss with panko, and gently slide eggs on top.
Mac ‘n Cheese, Baked
Note: this is not an ooey-gooey cheese-dripping version of Mac ‘n Cheese. It uses relatively small amounts of cheese, but the end result is still a rich-tasting, warm comfort food meal.
2 cups dry shell pasta (8 ounces by weight)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (5 ounces by weight)
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces by weight)
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (1 ounce by weight)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Prepare pasta according to directions on package.
- Spray a 1 or 1.5 quart casserole with cooking spray (makes clean up easier).
- Drain cooked pasta.
- Combine pasta and remaining ingredients. Add to casserole.
- Bake uncovered, until the cheese melts and gets browned (about 10-15 minutes).
Sat fat: 3.3g