This was one of my entries into the 2014 Mezzetta Make That Sandwich contest.
Crab cake sliders? Is that possible? Yes! And they are calorie-friendly and taste incredible. That is an important combination (calorie budget friendly and delicious.) On my podcast Make Your Someday Today, we talk about how to combine important life features, such as meeting deadlines and still enjoying life.
Crab-and-Shrimp Cake Sliders
Serves 24 sliders
- Slice the buns. Set aside.
- Combine the first five slider ingredients together.
- Fold in crab and shrimp, mixing only until combined.
- With clean wet hands, form the mix into ping-pong size balls. You should get approximately 24. Set aside.
- Combine the four sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate. (At this point, the sliders can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge overnight. The sauce will be better if left to become fully-flavored overnight.)
- When ready to cook, pre-heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Working in batches, place the crab-and-shrimp balls in the skillet. Gently press to flatten. They should be approximately 2 inches in diameter. Do not crowd them they should not be touching.
- Let fry until the edges get golden, then flip. (2-3 minutes per side, depending on the heat and how many are in the skillet.)
- Open the buns.
- Sprinkle lettuce on the bottom, and top that with Roasted Bell Pepper strips & Caramelized Onions.
- Place cooked slider on next, and top with approximately 1 tablespoon sauce.
- Serve hot.