Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
One 9″ pie crust (store bought or homemade–I used store bought because I was in a hurry.)
1 large head of broccoli, cut into bite-sied chunks
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
Spices/Herbs (I used 1 tsp Penzey’s Sunny Paris. You can use the herbs of your preference.)
2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- If frozen, thaw the broccoli. If fresh, chop as directed and microwave until hot, but not soft (5 minutes.)
- Spray 9″ pie tin with cooking spray. Place pie crust inside.
- Whisk egg and egg white.
- Drain excess water off broccoli, and place in pie shell. Sprinkle herbs over.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over broccoli.
- Pour egg evenly. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.