Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
1 prepared pie crust (or your preferred pie crust recipe)
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup cottage cheese
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
12 ounce bag of frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed and drained.
Preheat oven to 350F
1. Grease 9 inch pie tin, place pie crust in tin
2. Sautee onions, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat in olive oil until soft (5-6 minutes)
3. While onions and mushrooms cook, separate eggs. Add egg whites and the whole egg to the cottage cheese. Add mustard. Mix until smooth.
4. Stir in cheddar cheese and broccoli.
5. Stir in onions and mushrooms.
6. Pour mixture into pie crust.
7. Cook 35-40 minutes, or until a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let rest 5 minutes. Serves 4
Sat Fat: 6.4g
1 thought on “Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche”
Yum, looks fantastic! I love quiche!
Comments are closed.