Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
One 9″ pie crust (store bought or homemade–I used store bought because I was in a hurry.)
1 large head of broccoli, cut into bite-sied chunks
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
Spices/Herbs (I used 1 tsp Penzey’s Sunny Paris. You can use the herbs of your preference.)
2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- If frozen, thaw the broccoli. If fresh, chop as directed and microwave until hot, but not soft (5 minutes.)
- Spray 9″ pie tin with cooking spray. Place pie crust inside.
- Whisk egg and egg white.
- Drain excess water off broccoli, and place in pie shell. Sprinkle herbs over.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over broccoli.
- Pour egg evenly. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
Sat fat: 3.8g
Note: this recipe makes a small quiche. The egg filling is not deep. If you want this to be more substantial, double the egg and egg whites. Keep the broccoli and cheese the same.
You can also vary the ingredients. You can use different vegetable, or add meats. Use all whole eggs if you want. Your options are only limited by your imagination and the ingredients in your fridge and pantry.
Note: the link to Penzy’s is NOT an affiliate link. Affiliate links will earn me a small commission when readers purchase something. Not all links are affiliate links. Many are placed here only to make your cooking easier. When you do click on and buy an item from an affiliante link it does not change your cost at all, but it will help me continue to provide recipes and advice here and in my podcast Make Your Someday Today.