Broccoli and Cheddar Frittata
12 ounce bag of frozen broccoli florets, thawed
2 tablespoons onions, diced
8 egg whites
2 whole eggs
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Turn on your oven broiler to high.
2. Separate the 8 eggs into a large bowl. Throw away the yolks (or use an equivalent amount of egg white or egg substitute.)
4. Add the two whole eggs to the bowl of whites and whisk until fully mixed.
5. Place olive oil in an oven-safe non-stick skillet. When hot, add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the broccoli and saute for 5-8 minutes over med-high heat.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli. Allow to set for 1 minute.
8. Using the edge of a rubber scraper, carefully lift one edge of the eggs and tilt the skillet so that raw eggs run into that pocket. Repeat all around the edge until most of the surface is wet, but setting.
9. Sprinkle the cheese on the eggs and place under the broiler for 5 minutes.
10. Cut into fourths and serve immediately.
Sat fat: 4.9g
This is very similar to my earlier recipe, Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche, but without the crust, which greatly reduces the carbs, fats and calories.
Use more whole eggs (1 whole egg will replace 2 egg whites)
Experiment with different cheeses
Use different vegetables