Mushroom and Shallot Chicken
6 chicken breast, boneless/skinless, approximately 5-6 ounces each
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
5 large shallots
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Your preferred seasoning (Italian herbs work well. I use Penzey’s Sunny Spain.)
4 ounces dry white wine
1. Place chicken between thick sheets of plastic or in a large freezer Ziplock bag. Pound breasts flat (to less than 1/2 inch) with mallet. Sprinkle with your seasoning. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over each breast, return to Ziplock bag and let them rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
2. Heat non-stick skillet. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, lay chicken breast in and cook over med-high heat for 5-6 minutes. Remove from skillet, cover and keep warm.
3. While the chicken is cooking, slice the shallots the long way into thin strips.
4. In the same skillet, add remaining olive. When hot, add shallots and mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms get soft (5-10 minutes.) Remove from skillet, cover and keep warm.
5. Add wine, and using a plastic scraper/spatula, loosen all crusty bits. Cook down for 5-10 minutes. Return mushrooms/shallots to skillet, toss to coat.
6. Serve chicken breasts topped with the mushroom/shallots, with a side of wild rice (cooked according to directions) and steamed broccoli (with 1 tablespoon olive oil over the broccoli) and some cherry tomatoes.
Sat fat: 2.2g