Cheese-Stuffed Portabella Caps
2 large portabella caps
2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
1 ounce goat cheese (or cream cheese), softened
2 tablespoons shredded cheese (your preference)
1 cup baby spinach, finely chopped
1/4 cup bell peppers, chopped
1/4 cup diced Vidalia onion
1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Wash mushrooms caps. Remove stem from mushrooms. With a spoon, carefully scrape the gills from the underside of the cap. (This will give you more room for the filling.) Set aside.
2. Combine remaining ingredients.
3. Fill mushroom caps. At this point, the mushrooms can be kept in a refrigerator for several hours, loosely covered.
4. Preheat your grill in high for 5 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to medium high, and place mushrooms on the grate. Cover and let them cook for 5-8 minutes. When some juices begin to bubble up around the edges, they are done.
6. Serve open faced on toasted whole wheat bread, or half a bagel.
Sat fat: 2.8g