“Ultra-Thin” Crust Veggie Pizza
Make 3 portions (1/3 of the pizza)
1 Ultra-thin whole wheat pizza crust
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1 teaspoon Italian spice blend (I used Penzey’s Tuscan Sunset.)
2 ounces finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Mix garlic, spices and oil together. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
2. Spread garlic-oil mix evenly over the crust.
3. Top with half of the mozzarella cheese.
Add your favorite ingredients. In the picture above, I used:
1 small can mushrooms
2 tablespoons sliced black olives
10 sliced green olives
2 tablespoons red onion, minced
1 cup baby spinach, chopped
15 cherry tomatoes, sliced
4. Place all toppings on the cheese.
5. Top with remaining mozzarella.
6. Place in a pre-heated oven at 425 degree, for 5-7 minutes.
Note: the label suggested 10-14 minutes in the oven. Hah! I checked it at 8 minutes at it was already a little too brown at the edges. I suppose I could have avoided that by piling the topping on right to the edge, but that would defeat the idea of a light pizza.
Sat fat: 3.2g
(Fresh mushrooms would reduce the sodium load by 153mg per serving. But at 484mg for 1/3 of a pizza, that amount of sodium is not bad.)