This was one of my entries into the 2014 Mezzetta Make That Sandwich contest.
Sandwiches are fun! A complete meal you eat while holding it. And mashing to regions into one sandwich is tasty. Pulled pork (which I first had while traveling through Tennessee, where my friend Chester lives and teaches) meets South Florida breads (where you can also find Leah and her digital magazine, Just Jew It) in this example.
Pulled Pork Meet South Florida
- Slice roll. Toast if desired (I prefer my rolls toasted)
- Warm meat until hot (less than 1 minute in a microwave.)
- Place Roasted Red Bell Peppers on bottom half on roll.
- Top with meat.
- Top with Mild Pepper Rings.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.