Crimini, Onion and Bleu Cheese Ultra-Thin Pizza
1. Preheat oven as directed on the package.
2. Slice one-half Vidalia onion into 1/8 inch thick slices, and then quarter those.
3. Clean and slice 8 ounces crimini mushrooms.
4. Heat a 10″ non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Spray with cooking spray, add onions.
5. Saute onions until golden brown and caramelized (6-10 minutes.) In the last minute, add 2-4 cloves smashed and minced garlic. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm.
6. In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add mushrooms. Toss frequently. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Saute until the mushrooms become soft and have released a lot of their water.
7. While mushrooms cook, prepare the Golden Home Ultra Thin pizza crust. Evenly coat the surface with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
8. Layer the onions evenly over the cheese. Top with mushrooms.
9. Evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup bleu cheese over mushrooms. (I was able to use sliced BleuJack cheese, the amounts are the same.)
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust is brown.
Note: In my photo, I actually have two versions. The left half is made with mozzarella replacing the bleu for my wife. The right half is made according to the above recipe.
Nutritional Data (for the bleu cheese variety)–portion size is half the pizza:
Sat fat: 9.9g