Creamy Turkey, Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup shredded carrot
Seasoning (your preference–I used Penzey’s Sunny Paris.)
1 cup reduced sodium chicken stock (I used homemade, no salt added chicken stock)
1/2 cup white wine
8 ounces shredded cooked turkey (or chicken)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a 10″ non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add olive oil.
- Sautee onions until beginning to soften and turn translucent.
- Add mushrooms. Let them cook, undisturbed for 2 minutes, then stir together.
- Add garlic and carrot.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, melted the butter in a small saucepan. Add flour to form a roux.
- Add milk, and stir over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Remove from heat.
- Add shredded turkey to mushrooms.
- Add stock and wine. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the roux. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. As it cooks it will thicken.
Sat fat: 4.3g