Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Have your shared your goal with others?
Scary, right? But there is real power in do that. Sharing opens us up to the view of others, but creates more accountability. Accountability drives us to success. Listen for a better explanation.
Also, we have a Speakpipe voice message today!
Melanies’s question was excellent and here are the apps, resources and devices I mentioned (and of course, these are only a few of the many possible choices!)
Podcasts (the links are to their shows in iTunes):
These are currently active podcasts
- Mojo for Running Podcast with Running Coach Debbie Voiles
- Running Stupid with Coach Ken
- Runner Academy with Matt Johnson
- The Running Lifestyle with Kari Gormley
- The Running Podcast with Coach Jeff
- Run-Run-Live with Chris Russel
- Run Trainer
- Running for Beginners
- LoseIt! As mentioned in this episode (and many others) LoseIt! is my only recommended weight loss app. It not only helps you count calories, but it encourages you to be more active by letting you log–and see–your activity. LoseIt also hold activity challenges so that you can pit yourself against everyone else. Get Lose It! Premium because it works.
- Fitbit I have worn a Fitbit device since July 12, 2011, and I won’t stop recommending them.
- Misfit Shine
- Jawbone UP
- Runner’s World Magazine
- Fitness Magazine
- Find a local running group in your area
- Find a local coach that will work with you. If you can’t find one, go to your local high school and find out the names of the track and running coaches. You should also be able to get their email. Ask them if they would accept a private student.
Music composed and performed by Jason Shaw, courtesy of Audionautix.com
Voice-over is courtesy of Matt Young. Matt is a professional voiceover artist. If you have any need of voice-over work, for your podcast, radio spot, or whatever, you can reach Matt by a variety of methods. He is on LinkedIn. On Twitter. And Google+. And you can read his really nice, contemplative blog. Matt was also my guest on MYST 54. Give his story a listen!
Some links (but not all) within these show notes may be Affiliate Links, meaning that I may receive a small commission when readers click on them and then purchase something. This does not increase your cost at all, but it does help me cover some of the cost associated with this podcast. Thanks!