1 medium (6-8 inches long) zucchini
1 egg white
1/4 cup water
1 cup panko bread crumbs
Your preferred seasoning (I used Penzey’s Sunny Paris.)
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cut zucchini in half, giving you two halves, each 3-4 inches long. Leave the skin on.
3. Slice zucchini into strips, approximately 1/4 inch wide. They should end up looking like raw french fries.
4. Put egg white and water into a bowl and whisk until frothy.
5. Mix panko crumbs and seasoning together in a bowl large enough to hold the zucchini strips.
6. Taking a few strips at a time, dunk into egg wash, then lay in crumbs. Toss to coat. The zucchini will not be covered completely.
7. Place in a single layer on a grease baking pan or pizza stone.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm but not crunchy.
9. Serve with ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, cocktail sauce or honey-mustard (seen above).
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon coarse-ground German mustard
Nutritional data (Zucchini only, no sauce):
Sat Fat: 0.1g