Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Mushrooms
Served here with roasted fingerling potatoes and a baked Atlantic cod.
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts (approximately) halved it they are large
1 pound mushrooms, any type, washed and sliced
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Seasoning of your choice (I used Penzey’s Sunny Paris)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large Ziploc baggies.
- Add half the oil and the seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Empty the baggie into a 9×13 pan or other roasting pan.
- When the oven is ready, place on top shelf.
- Using the same baggies, place the mushrooms in it.
- Add remaining oil.
- After 15 minutes, stir the Brussels sprouts and pour the mushrooms on top.
- Roast for 15 more minutes, stirring half way through.
To roast fingerling potatoes, toss with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and your preferred seasoning. (I used Penzey’s California Style Seasoned Black Pepper, which is black pepper, red and green bell peppers, onion and garlic.) Place in a roasting pan at the same time you start the Brussels sprouts, tossing them half way through. The potatos will be done with the sprouts and mushrooms.
To bake the cod, spread 1-2 tablespoon butter in a 8×8 or 9×13 baking pan (depends on how much you are baking). Lay the cod on the butter in a single layer. Sprinkle with pepper (and salt, if desired.) Place in the oven when you add the mushrooms to the Brussels sprouts.
The entire meal will be done at the same time.