2 cups white vinegar
2 cups Splenda (or table sugar)
2 cups water
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 pound scallions, roots trimmed and cut to fit in the jar standing up
- Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil on the stove, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- While that is simmering, trim the scallions, wash under cold water, and stand up in a glass jar.
- Remove pickling liquid from the stove and cool (covered) to near room temperature. Pour over scallions. Cover and refrigerate.
- This will keep for several weeks in the fridge.
- Note: next time, I will also cut some jalapeno peppers in half (the long way) and add them to the jar for pickled peppers and onions.)
Finding new ways to make simple foods that enhance life is a common theme on my Make Your Someday Today podcast, We want to live life, enjoy life, and become the best we can be. Don’t you?