Leah is a magazine publisher from Florida who is also preparing to launch a podcast of her own. She has also worked hard as a fundraiser for various Zionist organizations, and in 1994, she had a crazy idea for a speaker. Her idea worked, far beyond her dreams. What was her idea and how did a smiley face help her? Listen and learn!
You can find Leah’s magazine, “Just Jew It” is available in the Apple iTunes store and soon on the Android store.
Leah’s recipe for her last meal:
Yellow Split Pea Dahl
Ingredients (use organic where possible):
300g yellow split peas (soaked for 12 hours)
1 onion finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
3 carrots, chopped
3 leeks or 2 courgettes, chopped (depending on the season)
600ml (approximately 20 ounces or 2.5 cups) vegetable stock
1 tbs cumin powder (adjust to taste – I actually like a lot)
2 tsp turmeric (adjust to taste)
1 bay leaf
Pink Himalayan or sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat some virgin olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic, until the onion is tender.
- Add the carrots and the leeks/courgettes and sauté a few minutes more.
- Add the split peas, vegetable stock and bay leaf and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered for about an hour, or until the peas are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the spices and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with brown rice and broccoli.
- Make double and you can blend this and eat it as a soup.