Chocolate Crepes, Filled with Sweet Ricotta
1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 tablespoon Splenda (or you can use any other non-calorie sweetener, or table sugar)
8 ounces (250g) low fat ricotta cheese (approximately 1 cup)
2 tablespoons Splenda (or you can use any other non-calorie sweetener, or table sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 tsp melted butter
- Combine flour, cacao and sugar in a small bowl.
- Mix together ricotta, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine milk, water, egg and melted butter in a blend. Pulse to mix.
- Add flour mixture, and process until smooth. The batter will be like thin pancake batter.
- Preheat a non-stick 6″ skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot, spray lightly with cooking spray, and pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter in the middle of the skillet. Immediately pick the skillet up and tilt/turn it until the batter coats the surface.
- Return to heat. When the edges start to curl (approximately 1 minute) carefully flip.
- Cook another 30 seconds. Remove and lay on wax paper that you previously lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Do not skip that step. They WILL stick to wax paper as they cool.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- When all are cooked, spread about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture over the surface and roll. Set aside and repeat until finished.
- Cut into 1 inch long pieces and serve.
Okay. A question for you! Would you consider this a dessert or a breakfast? Why? Please leave a comment below!