Chicken Breast and Mushrooms in a Vinegar-Cream Sauce
4 chicken breasts (I used 4 ounce breasts)
Your preferred herb blend (I used Penzey’s Sunny Paris.)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced and quartered
6 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
3 cups (8 ounces) crimini mushrooms, cut into quarters
8 ounces white wine
2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 ounces (by weight) plain Greek yogurt
- Place chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag. With a mallet, pound them thin (1/4 – 1/2 inch). Season with your favorite seasoning.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Pan fry breasts, on both sides, until fully cooked (8-12 minutes). Remove from the pan, cover to keep warm.
- Place olive oil in the skillet (do not wipe it clean of chicken residue.) Add mushrooms. Saute until beginning to get soft (4-6 minutes over medium heat.)
- Add onion. Continue to saute until the onions are beginning to get translucent.
- Add garlic. Let cook for 1 minute.
- Remove and cover to keep warm.
- Again, without cleaning the skillet, carefully pour in the wine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add vinegar and tomato paste. Stir until mixed.
- Add yogurt, stir until mixed.
- Return chicken and mushrooms to the skillet. Toss to coat.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or other starch (if desired.)
The picture shows Summer Quinoa Salad and steamed broccoli.
Nutritional Data for one chicken breast and 1 portion of sauce:
Sat fat: 1g