Bourbon Pecan Pie
Serves 12 (small pieces of a rich pie)
1 pie crust (this recipe assumes a store bought crust)
1 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon molasses
1.5 ounces bourbon
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a glass 9″ pie plate with the pie crust dough. Fold and pinch overhang to form a nice decorative crust.
- Line pie shell with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Fill with dried beans or rice, and bake 15 minutes
- Remove foil and beans, bake another 5-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Coarsely chop 3/4 cup pecans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs and bourbon until blended. Stir in all pecans (chopped and halves.)
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until the edges are set, but the center is still a little jiggly. Using an aluminum shield (or aluminum foil) will prevent excess browning of the crust.)
- Cool on a wire rack completely.
- Serve with whipped cream
Sat fat: 5g