Baked Egg with Feta and Spinach
4 eggs, separated
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 teaspoon of your preferred herb blend (I used Penzey’s Mural of Flavor.)
1 cup (packed) fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Spray oven-safe custard cups with cooking spray (or otherwise grease them.)
3. With electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently stir in cheese, spinach and herbs.
5. Divide between the four cups.
6. With a spoon, create a small well in the center of the egg white mixture.
7. Carefully slide a yolk into each well.
8. Place cups on a baking sheet, and place in oven. Back 10-14 minutes, until the egg white puffs up and browns. The yolk will be hot and thick, but not solid.
Note: in the picture, I topped the egg with a half tablespoon of Greek yogurt. That was unnecessary, and won’t be repeated in the future.
Sat fat: 3g
Crumbled bacon and finely shredded sharp cheddar
Shedded Swiss and minced mushrooms
Fresh basil, scallion and Parmesan