Baked Caprese Salad
1 large tomato
2 ounces mozzarella
4-6 cups arugula
- Preheat broiler in high. Move the top rack to the highest position in the oven.
- Slice tomato into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices. Season with salt if desired. Place on baking sheet.
- Lay the fresh basil on the tomato.
- Top with cheese. (I used shredded.)
- Place in oven for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is browned.
- Place arugula on plate. Top with broiled tomato and drizzle with olive oil.
Sat fat: 3.5g
My wife told me not to take pictures of this because the baking sheet is not spotless. I told her that cookware that get used will not be spotless. (Sort of like a cookbook that doesn’t have drips, spatters, stains and spills on the pages obviously doesn’t contain any good recipes.)