Bacon-Corn Broccoli Slaw
2 strips bacon (reserve 3 tablespoons bacon grease)
1 cup frozen corn kernels (or the equivalent cut from the fresh cobs.)
1/2 cup diced onion
12 ounce package of pre-cut broccoli slaw
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon ranch dressing
1 teaspoon your preferred herb blend (I used Penzey’s Sunny Paris.)
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan. Chop into a smallish pieces.
- Add corn and onion to the pan. Over medium heat, saute until the corn begins to brown (5-6 minutes.)
- While the corn and onions caramelize, mix yogurt, vinegar, ranch dressing and herb blend together. Taste, and add salt, pepper or sugar to taste.)
- Put broccoli slaw mix in a bowl. Top with yogurt dressing. Add corn and onions, and bacon. Toss to coat.
- Serve warm or cold.
Jalapeno Cheddar Polenta
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
16 ounces fluid (I used half beer, half water)
1/2 cup dried polenta
1/8 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat non-stick skillet over med-high. Spray with cooking spray.
- Saute pepper and onion for 3-5 minutes, until the pepper begins to get brown.
- While you are doing that, bring your liquid to a boil.
- Add the polenta to the boiling liquid.
- Turn heat down and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peppers and onions.
- Top with a bit of cheese when serving.