Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
Makes 24 Mushrooms
24 large button mushrooms
2 slices bread, torn
3 tablespoons bacon bits (or 2 slices bacon, crumbled)
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove stems from cleaned mushrooms. Finely mince the stems.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Preheat a 10″ non-stick skillet and spray with cooking spray.
- Add minced mushrooms stems. Saute until then get soft (4-6 minutes.)
- Add torn bread. Continue to cook and stir until the bread becomes well-mixed.
- Add bacon. Stir.
- Add cheese and remove from the heat. Stir until well-mixed.
- Fill each cap with a teaspoon of filling.
- Place all caps in a 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered for 30-45 minutes, or until the mushrooms get hot and the stuffing browns.
Nutritional data (per mushroom):
Sat fat: 1.1g
Onions, garlic instead of bacon
Crab meat instead of bacon
Onion and avocado instead of bacon and cheddar
Onion, sausage and mozzarella instead of bacon and cheddar
Sun-dried tomato, garlic and mozzarella instead of bacon and cheddar
Onion, black olive and feta instead of bacon and cheddar
Minced ham and shredded Swiss instead of bacon and cheddar